“The How to think like Leonardo Da Vinci Workbook by Michael J. Belb”
1. Curiousta: An insatiably curious approach to life and an unrelenting quest for continuous learning.
Great Minds ask great questions. The questions that “engage our thought” on a daily basic reflect our life purpose and influence the quality of our lives.
- I keep a journal or notebook to record my insights and questions.
- I take time for contemplation and reflection.
- I always learn something new
- I actively seek out different perspectives to make important decisions
- I am voracious reader.
- I learn from little children
- I am skilled at identifying and solving problems
- I am an openminded and curious
- I look up dictionary to learn new words
- I know other cultures and learn more
- I learn English more than my native language
- I solicit feedback from my friends, relations and colleagues
- I love learning
2. Dimostrazione: A commitment to test knoledge through experience, persistence, and a willingness to learn from mistakes.
- Do I seek out new experiences everyday ?
- Am I actively pursuing different perspectives and fresh insights?
- Can I can articulate my most fundamental belief and the reason the hold them ?
- Have I changed a deeply held belief because of practical experience?
- Do I question “conventional wisdom” and authority ?
- Do I ever practice cynicism and call it independent thinking ?
- When a celebrity I admire endorses a product, am I more likely to buy it ?
- Am I willing to acknowledge my mistakes?
- Would my closest friends agree that I am willing to acknowledge my mistakes? Ask them and note their responses
- Do I learn from my mistakes and rarely make the same one twice?
- Do I persevere in the face of octacles?
- Am I susceptible to superstition?
- In considering new ideas, my friends and associates would say I am : gullible and “new_agey”, openminded skeptic
- => Projects: *Flamenco painting : research more how to use cold wax and affect after year : dull color
3. Sensazion: the continual refinement of the senses, especially sight, as a the means to enliven experience.
Project Express: Sensazion:
Self- Assessment: Hearing
- Friends describe me as a good listener
- I am sensitive to noise
- I can tell when someone is singing off-key
- I can sing on key
- I listen to jazz or classical music regularly
- I can distinguish the melody from the baseline in a piece of music.
- I know what all the controls on my stereo system are for and can hear the difference when I adjust them
- I enjoy silence
- I am attuned to subtle changes in a speaker’s voice tone, volume, and inflection
Self Assessment: Vision
- I am sensitive to color harmonies and clashes.
- I know the color of all my friends’s eyes.
- I look out into the far horizon and up to the sky at least once a day
- I am good at describing a scenic in details.
- I like doing sculpture and drawing
- Friends would describe me as alert
- I am sensitive to subtle changes in lighting
- I can picture things clearly in my mind’s eye.
4. Sfumato: A willingness to embrace ambiguity, paradox and uncertainty.
5. Arte/ Scienza: The development of the balance between science and art, logic and imagination. “Whole -brain” thinking.
6. Corporalita: The cultivation of grace, ambidexterity, fitness and poise.
7.Connessione: A recognition and appreciation for the interconnectness of all things and phenomena. System thinking.